There are several types of appointments for patients to book:
1. Pre-bookable/Routine/Follow-up appointments - on a day of your choice (if possible). These type of appointments are for routine / ongoing conditions where the GP has asked to review you and your problem/condition.
2. Urgent/Emergency appointments - for problems that require a doctor’s attention sooner than a routine appointment. Please ring in the morning after 08.30am for a GP Triage appointment on that day. The GP will talk to you by telephone first to see if your problem can be resolved over the phone. If the GP wants to see you the same day, they will give you a time to come down to the surgery. The number of urgent appointments for each day is limited, so it is advised that you telephone as early as possible. We do not operate these type of appointments in the afternoon.
3. Online Appointments - These appointments are booked online using Patient Access. To register for this service please ask a member of staff in Reception.
4. Extended Hours - Routine appointments can be pre-booked to see a Health Care Assistant, or Practice Nurse or a GP outside of our normal contracted hours. Please contact the surgery for more information.
The Surgery is not open for normal access during this time.
5. Routine or Urgent 'On the Day' Telephone GP Consultation Appointments - to speak to a GP, rather than take up your valuable time coming to the surgery, you may book an appointment to speak to the GP on the phone. Please ring the surgery at any point in the day to make one of these appointments. These appointments are early afternoon each day.
If you wish to see a female or a male Doctor please mention to the Receptionist and we will try to arrange this for you.
PRACTICE NURSE APPOINTMENTS
If you are making an appointment with the Practice Nurse, it would be helpful if you could indicate to the Receptionist the reason for your appointment, i.e. blood test, as we need to arrange these appointments at special times. Blood tests that require you to fast are best done early morning.
YOUNG PATIENT APPOINTMENTS
Young patients can be seen confidentially. If you would like an appointment with the Doctor or Nurse please ask the Receptionist to make arrangements for you.