Comments from the Friends & Family Test (FFT)
The Friends and Family Test (FFT) is an important feedback tool that supports the fundamental principle that people who use NHS services should have the opportunity to provide feedback on their experience.
It asks people if they would recommend the services they have used and offers a range of responses. This kind of feedback is vital in transforming NHS services and supporting patient choice.
From 1 December 2014, the FFT was made available in GP practices. While the results will not be statistically comparable against other organisations because of the various data collection methods, FFT will provide a broad measure of patient experience that can be used alongside other data to inform service improvement and patient choice.
Publishing results of the Friends and Family Test
The results of the FFT are published at monthly intervals on both NHS England and NHS Choices websites.
FFT Results January 2017 to October 2017
Neither Likely or Unlikely
Please tell us the main reason for selecting your statement:
The statements below are comments received from patients when responding to the FFT.
1. Doctors care about their patients and are always willing to listen to our problems regardless of how long it takes. I know I’m in a safe pair of hands.
2. Always receive adequate time for a proper assessment to be made.
3. As far as I understand it, one is bound by one’s residential address as to which surgery one uses, so I don’t see how a recommendation is relevant. Our care at Colwall has been great except for repeat prescriptions, which are not always sent when ordered.
4. I have only had 1 appointment in 2016 and I was treated excellently, very good service.
5. Always treated like a person not a number. They take time to listen and always ask about any further problems that I may have. Very polite, nothing is too much trouble and you are always treated with the highest respect and always put you at ease.
6. Always very helpful pleasant surgery.
7. Brilliant staff.
8. Very difficult to book an appointment or you have to wait quite a long period of time if it’s not urgent.
9. Brilliant, friendly, thoughtful and caring.
10. I find Dr Newey very thorough and sensible.
11. Really nice doctors and nurses- very personal and friendly.
12. Very good experiences whenever needed.
13. Friendly efficient and caring. Putting you at ease regardless of your condition.
14. Friendly and approachable staff. Caring staff who are always ready to listen and support.
15. Kind staff.
16. Excellent level of care from nurses and Dr Pearce who take time to listen and explain things and answer questions. Generally no problems getting appointments
17. I thought my doctor was very attentive to my concerns and I like the fact that you can get an appointment on the same day.
18. I have always been treated with respect and kindness from all the staff (And with humour!).
19. Friendly and prompt service.
20. Sadly in these times, when spin is considerably more important than substance, this could be considered an endorsement of government health policy & the NHS both of which are in a CATACLYSMIC state. Despite which, this surgery functions both with efficiency and courtesy.
21. Colwall Surgery has a most helpful, supportive and friendly team. My wife and I are grateful for the care and attention given to us at each step of our treatments.
22. Apart from the ability of getting an appointment, I have always had excellent care from this surgery. They are a friendly team.
23. I have so far received good treatment and advice (moved to Colwall Surgery in May).
24. Thank you.
25. I found the nurse very friendly and it was all very painless.
26. Good waiting room, staff and doctor. No improvements needed.
27. Saw nurse J John who is very welcoming and good with her work. I don’t think I can improve something that is near perfect.
28. Helpful, reliable and friendly.
29. Always helpful and polite.
30. The doctors and nurses are kind and helpful
31. Quality of care.
32. Quite professional.
33. Friendly and approachable, although it’s getting tricky to make an appointment. I have now registered on line to make it easier.
34. Almost impossible to see or talk to a doctor in a reasonable time
35. Friendly receptionists, kind and caring doctors you would never feel rushed.
36. Able to spend a proper amount of time with them.
37. Appointment system- unable to book an appointment over the phone you have to keep calling back on appointment release dates.